Terms and conditions
The website is updated by
E.M. Richford Limited
Chilton Industrial Estate
Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2XW
United Kingdom (UK)
Tel: +44 (0) 1787 375241 Registered in England: No. 151054
Registered Address: Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Road, London EC1M 7AD
All content including Intellectual Property belongs to E.M. Richford Ltd. or its suppliers.
Subject to limitations below you are authorised to use the content for personal or non-commercial purposes, this use shall be limited to:
• Viewing on a computer screen
• Printing individual pages
• Storing individual pages electronically (disk)
• Storing individual downloads electronically (disk)
The content is owned by E.M. Richford Ltd. however E.M. Richford can take no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of material on the site.
Links to other websites: E.M. Richford takes no responsibility for the content or availability of any other websites linked to personalimpressions.com.
The privacy policies of these other sites may significantly differ from that of 'personal impressions’. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information collected there.
• You may not distribute content without prior written permission from E.M. Richford Ltd.
• You may not supply content to others, without prior written permission.
• You may not pass off content as your own.
E. M. Richford Ltd. takes reasonable care to keep the 'Personal Impressions’ website available to you, however we offer no warranty that the site will be available at any specific time. Due to both operational and security issues certain parts of the site may or may not be available to you.
'Personal Impressions' requires that customers leave an email address, name address and postcode. These are used to better serve the users. This information is used to allow us to notify customers of crafting events in their neighbourhood and to be emailed regular updates and information about crafting products and to allow our trade customers to use the online ordering system.
If you do not wish to receive these emails or would like to change the details held, please contact Customer Services on 01787 375241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the customers’ responsibility to keep their passwords for the trade area of our site confidential.
If you need to contact ' Personal Impressions' please use the contact us section on the website.
Data Protection Statement
Personal Impressions takes its responsibilities regarding the protection of personal privacy very seriously. Any personal data requested on our website will be held securely and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
In each case where you may be invited to submit personal data, such as an e-mail or postal address or a telephone number, you should find a clear statement of:
• what data will be held
• the purposes for which the data will be held
• a contact name, e-mail address or telephone number to use should you wish to check or amend the data held, or request the deletion of that data
• whether any of the data will be disclosed to any third party, and if so, to whom.
If, after reading such a statement, you choose to submit any personal data, you are thereby giving your consent for that data to be held and processed for the stated purpose or purposes. If you find that such information is not available, or if you feel that it is unclear or inadequate, please contact email@example.com or call Customer Services on 01787 375241.
As an employer, E.M. Richford Limited takes its responsibilities regarding the protection of their employee's personal privacy very seriously. E.M. Richford Limited holds staff information purely for company use. If, for any reason, staff data needs to be passed to a third party, E.M. Richford Limited will obtain consent from the individual concerned, prior to disclosure.
Staff biographical details may be found on some Web pages. Where this occurs, these members of staff have given their consent for such information to be made available. However, publication in this way does not mean that such data have been placed into the public domain. E.M. Richford Limited retains control and copyright of such data and the data must not be reproduced or further processed without E.M. Richfords authorisation.
As a supplier, E.M. Richford Limited takes its responsibilities regarding the protection of their customer's personal privacy very seriously. E.M. Richford Limited holds customer information purely for company use. If, for any reason, client data needs to be passed to a third party, E.M. Richford Limited will obtain consent from the individuals concerned, prior to disclosure. E.M. Richford Limited does not sell or exchange customer data with third parties.
If you have any questions regarding the data protection statements found on this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Services on 01787 375241
The E M Richford Group of companies (trading as “Personal Impressions”, “Richford’s Commercial Stamps” and “Country Love Crafts”) collect some personal data for the means of marketing and processing orders for craft and stationery products. Our main business is Business to Business wholesale supply of craft and stationeryproducts and we restrict the personal data collected to the minimum required to market to you and fulfil orders.
We collect and may store the following personal data:
• Your name (a)
• Your full address –either home or business (a)
• Your contact mobile numbers (a)
• Your email address (a)
• Your Businesses legal structure (sole trader, partnership, Ltd company) (a).
• Your payment information, such as credit/debit card numbers and expiry dates (c)
• We also collect some information regarding your business that may demonstrate some of your personal habits. This includes information such as opening hours (a), or delivery instructions such as safe places to leave consignments (b).
• Details of transactions such as quotations, sales and credits in line with VAT (b)
• We may also make notes on discussions with yourself, or other relevant information such as communication preferences for future reference (b)
• We may make notes of pertinent information within the public domain regarding your business to influence future decisions (for example advertising your business for sale may be noted and influence credit control decisions). Any such use will be restricted to factual information (b)
Categories of personal data with (a) are stored within our website and are viewable and updatable under the “My Details” tab when logged in. They are also stored within our internal servers and databases for use in communication, fulfilling your orders, analysing sales trends (for example most popular product in Country X) and for planning and carrying out marketing activities.Some details may also be stored within third party databases (for example www.constantcontact.com our primary marketing tool).
Categories of personal data with (b) are stored within our internal servers and databases for use in, marketingproviding quotations, fulfilling orders, credit control and compliance with legal requirements.
Categories of personal data with (a) or (b) will be passed to hauliers and carriers to enable delivery of your orders and may be stored by these companies and their distribution partners to allow for future tracking of orders.
They may also be held within encrypted backups either on physical media or in carefully chosen third party cloud backup services. Occasionally we may also need to provide access to vetted third parties for the purpose of identifying and repairing bugs with our IT systems.
Categories of personal data with (c) are stored in secure offline files. The last 4 digits of card numbers may be stored on our website to allow you to communicate permission to use a card.
We rely on data submitted by you being correct and rely on submissions to demonstrate consent to use your details. We therefore process your data either under the consent or legitimate interest principles of GDPR legislation. We do not purchase databases from third party sources and do not sell your details to third parties.
Our preferred marketing method is email and for this we currently use www.constantcontact.com as a processor. Constant Contact may store this data on their USA servers and are certified under the EU-US shield.E M RICHFORD Ltd use email to send you information on products and services and service updatesfor the “Personal Impressions” and “Country Love Crafts” divisions. We may also include industry news that we feel is relevant to the intended audience of the communication. We already ask for your consent upon signup, and you may unsubscribe at any time with the link at the bottom of every such email or by emailing us on the details below with a quick request. For this activity E M Richford Ltd are the controller.
We may occasionally send you marketing material in the post or contact you by phone. If you would prefer not to receive these communications then please contact us on the details below,
Requests to opt out of marketing will not stop essential communication for order processing.
We will endeavour to fulfil marketing opt-outs as soon as possible and always within 28 days.
Subject Access Requests, Corrections and Third Party requests.
You have the right to access and check personal data held about you for accuracy. To do so you can contact us via the details below. We may take steps to confirm your identity (such as requesting previous invoice numbers). We will aim to complete this process and provide the data within 28 days.
If you find information on either website is incorrect (e.g. under the “my details” tab) then you may correct it and we will receive an automatic update, that will be applied to the rest of our databases. If you find or believe other information is incorrect please inform us either via the details below. We will then aim to correct the data as soon as possible. We may make notes of the previous details to ensure an accurate account history is maintained.
If you would like data deleted then please inform us atthe details below. If the request relates to information used for marketing we will remove as soon as possible. If it relates to information required for areas such as VAT compliance we will suppress it to the maximum possible extent and delete when the law permits.
“Personal Impressions” & “Richford’s Commercial Stamps” – Office Manager via email to email@example.com
Or via post to:
Chilton Industrial Estate
Tel: 01787 375241
“Country Love Crafts” – General Manager either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or via Post to:
Country Love Crafts
Chilton Industrial Estate
Tel: 01235 861700
If we are approached by third parties, such as external accountants seeking copy invoices, we will contact you for permission to disclose the information on the first occasion and may then record your consent to speed up future requests.
We may also occasionally need to disclose information to statutory authorities (such as police and local authorities) in connection with investigations – we will ensure any such disclosures are processed in line with the law.
Personal Impressions - Trading Terms & Conditions
Although every effort has been made to ensure the prices on the website are as accurate as possible we will reserve the right to charge you as per the price in our back-office system.
• UK MAINLAND: Orders over £100 net will be carriage free for UK mainland customers. Carriage will be charged at £5.00 for all orders below £100 net which are to be delivered within the UK mainland.
• EXPORT CUSTOMERS: Delivery will be charged at cost and will be based on the weight and volumetric size of the order – this will not be known until the goods have been picked and packed. A member of the team will contact you once we have received a delivery quotation from our couriers.
• Payment will be required in full before the goods are despatched (payment can be made by debit card, credit card or BACs transfer).
• We will be unable to offer a back-order service. All out of stock items will be removed from the order so that you can re-order next time.
• Goods will be despatched within 3-5 days from receipt of order – this excludes estimated transit times.
• Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the property in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by the Seller to the Buyer for which payment is then due.
Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer, the Buyer shall hold the Goods as the Sellers fiduciary agent and bailee, and shall keep the Goods separate from those of the Buyer and the third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as the Seller’s property but the Buyer shall be entitled to resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of its business.
Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer (and provided such Goods are still in existence and have not been sold). The Seller shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to deliver up the Goods to the Seller and, if the Buyer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the Buyer or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
If these Clauses apply then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries under the contract without liability to the Buyer, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
• Payment is due on or before the Invoice payment due date and can be received via cheque made payable to EM Richford Ltd or via electronic transfer to HSBC Holborn Circus London EC1N 2HR, Account name EM Richford Ltd, Sort Code 40-11-58, Account Number 20044210
• All claims and shortages must be made in writing within 7 days quoting the Invoice number and Date.
• A 15% handling fee will be charged for all wrongly ordered returned goods as long as they are:-
Received in a resalable condition
Accompanied by a copy of the Invoice & an explanation for their return
With authorised prior agreement.
• Interest and Compensation arising from late payment may be charged in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998.
• Errors and omissions excepted.
At Personal Impressions we understand that our customers expect friendly and courteous service.
Our staff has been hand picked to form a team that work well together in order to deal with any problems, and ensure that your order is despatched in a timely manner. We are constantly monitoring and changing our working practices to reduce errors and damages. Our pride in our company hopefully reflects in the contact you have with our staff and we welcome any feedback you can give us.
Deliveries are made weekdays (unless specific instructions are given for a Saturday delivery) and are generally between the hours of 9am and 6pm. We are unable to offer a timed service. We hope that your goods arrive within the expectations given by our sales staff. However, if your goods are late or the service is disappointing, please let us know immediately or within one working week so that we may carry out appropriate investigations.
• We respect your right to receive our products in good condition and unreservedly will credit any damaged or unsatisfactory items. The item can then be re-ordered with your next order. If you require a specific number of items for an event, remember to order a few extra items as a contingency.
• Your invoice will generally arrive with the goods.
• Unless you check your consignment while the courier waits, please do not sign for any goods without marking the paperwork as "unchecked". We are unable to make a claim on damaged goods unless this practice is followed.
• If you live locally, you may wish to save delivery charges and collect the order yourself. Please let us know if this is your preferred option.
Where possible, damaged items and order anomalies need to be reported within 48 hours of receipt. We are unable to make claims for compensation with our couriers unless we receive notification within seven days of receipt of goods.
Damaged items will be credited but cannot be re-sent free of charge.
We will require photographic evidence from any customers claiming credits for damaged items. Please email photographs to email@example.com
Regrettably, we cannot give a credit for problems that are reported later than 30 days from the date of the invoice.
Stock cannot be returned unless a genuine mistake has been made. If this happens please call the office within 48 hours of receipt of the order.
It is essential that all packaging is kept and the parcel(s) involved are not removed from the delivery address. Doing so will invalidate any claim.
Version 1.7 – 24-04-2018